Membership Application

Club Constitution

MSA License

Race Fees

How to become a Motor Sport Australia (MSA) Officials

Working with Children


 Membership Application

Club Membership is taken from the 1st of July each year

Standard Membership Fees 2023/2024 1-7-23 to 30-6-24

Single $54.00 Couple/Family $81

Single $5.00 Couple/Family $7 per month worked out to July Example 3 months Single $15 Couple/Family $21 to July

Social Membership Fees 2023/2024 1-7-23 to 30-6-24 Single $20 Family $45

  Notes: Couple/Family membership is only for persons living as partners in the same residence.

For children included in family membership, please use extra forms for their details



Download membership application here Word version PDF Version

Completed application should be emailed to

Payments can be Made by Cash cheque or Bank Transfer

Club Constitution

Club Constitution Last updated 2012

What does it cost?

MSA License

You need a MSA license to be allowed out on the Track- a day license is $25 for Junior or Senior.

For Juniors it is $30 for a 12 months MSA licence Level 2SJ.

For Seniors the $25 day Licence can be deducted from the Seniors 12 month MSA

You need to be a member of SHSCC or a affliated club to get a MSA license.

We are able to provide these on the day.

The cost of a Day Licence can be taken off the cost of a full licence when it is applied for. This is valid for 6 months.

Seniors require Level 2S and Juniors Level 2SJ

Race Fees

There is also a race fee $37.50 per person or $60 per family if there is more than one from the same family running.

Notes: Couple/Family membership is only for persons living as partners in the same residence.

For children included in family membership, please use extra forms for their details.


We run under MSA and as such all our officials are registered with MSA

The new process is as follows:

1.     Candidate fills out Registration Form. At this point, the candidate will be sent the Online Introductory Module by MSA Staff.

2.     Candidate completes Online Introductory Module.

3.     Upon successful completion of the module, a General Officials Licence is granted and mailed out. 

4.     New Official completes their first event under supervision (as per existing practice).


Clubs will still be able to sign-up new officials on the day of an event, using the new ‘On The Day Officials Sign Up Form’.

This form has a tear-off section which acts a provisional General Officials Licence for 30 days.

The completed form should then be sent to MSA, and a full licence mailed out following the successful completion of the Online Introductory Module.

It is important to note that the new ‘On The Day Officials Sign Up Form’ replaces the Trainee Licence form for this purpose.


MSA would like to remind event organisers and clubs of their obligations to ensure all officials are appropriately licenced, and from 1 August it will be compulsory for all Victorian officials to hold a Working With Children Check. 


Should you have any queries please contact MSA Member Services on 1300 883 959 or


Working with Children Check

all Officials and volunteers

must have one from August 1st 2017


For application give Clubs PO Box Address and Presidents phone number

click here to them



As some of you may be aware, the Victorian State Government is making amendments to the Working with Children Act 2005 (the Act) that will come into effect on 1 August 2017. These changes require ALL Victorians who have 'direct contact' with children to obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC). It is important to note that the definition of “direct contact” has expanded to include:

  • Face-to-face contact
  • Contact by post or other written communication
  • Contact by telephone or other oral communication
  • Contact by email or other electronic media.

References to 'Supervision' have also been removed from the Act. This means that even if a person’s contact with children as part of their child-related work is supervised by another person, they will still need to apply for a Working with Children Check.

These amendments are being made following a Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.


Further information regarding the changes can be found here:


MSA would like to remind clubs of their obligations to ensure all relevant personnel (including committee members) hold a valid Working with Children Check. MSA will now require that ALL licensed Victorian Officials hold a valid WWCC and recommend that club leaders ensure relevant people within their clubs do the same. It is also more important than ever to ensure that licence checks are run in the lead-up to events.


Existing Officials will not be required to present their WWCC on the day of an event, however if they have not applied for a WWCC by 1 August 2017, their MSA officiating licence will be put ‘on hold’. The MSA licence check system will indicate whether someone has an active licence, hence the importance of checking licences online, pre-event.

Presently these changes only affect Victoria, but MSA anticipates rolling out this initiative Australia-wide over the next 12 months. MSA recommend clubs in other States be pro-active and require their staff/volunteers and anyone who has contact with children to obtain a WWCC.

Once approved, details will need to be emailed to

The email should include:

  • Full name
  • MSA licence number
  • Working with Children Check number/reference
  • Working with Children Check expiry date
  • A scanned copy/photograph of the card. 


In addition to the FAQs attached, a WWCC will still be required for events where all participants have to be aged over 18.

For those that don’t currently have a check, please follow the link below to begin your application:

When selecting occupational field, volunteers should select Option 42 (clubs, associations or movements of a cultural, recreational or sporting nature).

Any questions regarding these changes can be sent to


updated 9-6-18